Monday, September 9, 2013

The new button

This is just a quick little extra post, and unrelated to today's post. It's more of a "housekeeping" (blogkeeping?) issue if you will. You may have noticed today that I've added a new button down at the bottom of the right side bar. This is to make it easier for you my dear readers to follow me with your Bloglovin' accounts. Assuming you have one... If you don't have one, or maybe you don't know what that is, go to www.bloglovin.com and check it out. It's designed to help you organize your many blog feeds into a single place. When you create an account, you can search for the blogs that you regularly follow and add them as "followed". So that list of bookmarks on your web browser becomes obsolete! All new postings are in one place and it keeps track of what you've read and haven't read. Bloglovin' will notify you by email (if you choose that option) when any of those in your list are updated. You can also "unfollow" a blog if you like - although I guess in that case it would be don't like. Heh. You can further organize the blogs you follow into categories or groups. These are created by you, so the title of a category or group is up to you. For example: I have grouping called Health & Wellness and all but one of the blogs I follow is in there. Tay, your blog is in a league of its own.

There are mobile apps, but I believe they are only for i-Whatevers and Android. No Windows phone yet, boo hoo...the Zumbamommy needs to use her PC. And sorry Blackberry people, nothing for you either. If you typically follow me on a mobile device, you'd probably have to view the full web version to see the button. So, if you are reading this on your phone going, "Huh? What button?" that's why.

Alright lovely people, thank you for reading my little post about Bloglovin' and I'll let you get back to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment